The Georgian Town House Hotel Liverpool is a privately owned boutique hotel that was renovated in 2012 and is situated in a Grade ll listed building located on Upper Parliament Street in The Canning Georgian quarter. The Canning Georgian Quarter is an area within the southern part of Liverpool city centre, England. It is bounded to the south by Upper Parliament Street, to the east by Grove Street, to the north by Myrtle Street and to the west by Hope Street and is a large area of almost uniformly residential magnificent Georgian architecture. It is considered to be Liverpool’s ‘Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea’ and the house prices reflect this. The area derives its name from one of its principal thoroughfares, Canning Street. This is named after George Canning, (1770–1827), who was a British politician who served as Foreign Secretary and, briefly,Prime Minister. Parliament street got its name from an Act of Parliament granted to the Earl of Sefton (who owned the land) for its laying out and had only four houses on it in 1790, and 21 residents.